Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A calculated confession

This is another of my bonus posts. Have you noticed how these have been popping up more often of late? You would think I have had an extra amount of things to say on some days. That might be partially true. There are some days there is more to be said than others. Mostly bonus posts have come around when I have had a particular rant I needed to dispel.
This is not the case today. I truly have a confession I must make about this and my recent bonus postings.
They have been calculated. Let me explain.
I started this blog on 4/11/09. That means in a mere 10 days I will come to the end of a full year of posting on 4/10/10. That means I will have completed a year – 365 days – of posting every single day. During the span of the entire year there were a few days that something did not get posted. Actually there were very few. There were 11 to be exact. The recent bonus posts are to complete the 365 I need to be able to officially say I have 365 posts in a full year since I started this blog. A post a day.
It was a personal challenge. If you add the 254 posts I had from 2009 to the 101 posts I have this year it will total 355. The remaining 10 posts will be for the 10 days left from April 1 through April 10, 2010 which will complete my year.
I need to re-prioritize my writing time and the responsibility I feel to post daily can be a crutch I am using to avoid writing my novel. I had to find a way of feeling I had satisfied a goal within my blog to let it become lesser of my priorities.
Why is that so hard for me? It seems I figure out and do the things I need to do for myself but than try to find every reason and way to talk myself out of why it is a good idea. So I will stick to the plan.
This is another bonus post no matter how calculated. But mostly it is a confession.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT