Sunday, March 14, 2010

Forward back

We have gone and lost an hour. We have lost an hour on the weekend. I don’t know who came up with this idea of falling back and springing forward but it seems almost a cruel joke. Naughty! Shame on you!
I have known it was coming and tried not to think on it too hard but now it’s here. The time doesn’t match the way it should look outside. It will take me weeks to adjust. I am realizing how difficult it will be for me to keep my early morning schedule.
The clocks went forward so now instead of getting up at 5:15am, I will be getting up at 4:15. If I get up at the 5:15 I am used to, I will be late and it will really be 6:15. I can still make it to work at that time but what about my writing? I won’t have time. Not at 6:15 with the other things I do in the morning. And I bet the 6:15 will want to drag itself into 6:20 or 6:30.
I will need to condition myself to get up an hour earlier in order to keep things running at my normal pace. Unfortunately, I will also need to adjust my winding down time in the evening. That might prove to be just as difficult since it will still be light out! I will have the advantage of getting more things done in the evening but will I be able to flip-flop the things I do? I am not sure and it’s not feeling so good right now. Then if I do more in the evening how will I ever be able to adjust myself to getting up an hour earlier? So, then…what? I’m stuck in a weird time warp until I can get a handle on it.
Right now it still feels early but the clock is telling me different.
I will start today (albeit late already) without making too much fuss about the time. It is another one of those things I will just have to live with and make the best of.
I will enjoy the extra light at the end of the day. See there…I'm trying to think positive already.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT