Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sneak peek

Starting out:  You see that incline in the distance?
  Don't let it worry you...it's more gradual than you think.
I got a comment on my post, One look, about the scenery at the haven.  Yes.  One major reason I go there to run is because of what I can see with just a turn of my head while I am going down this small two lane street.  This comment had me thinking about sharing more of the sights.
This morning was the third Saturday in a row I have gone out to have a run right there at the haven.  (It's not really called the haven, I just named it that).  After recovering the past three days from the start of a cold, or bug, or whatever lodged in my throat and zapped my energy, I knew I would be taking my run slow and easy.  I ended up running 9 miles but it felt like a healthy detox, ridding myself of the crud I had managed to capture in my throat.  I thought it would be a good opportunity to take it slow, stop long enough to pull out my phone for an instant, and snap what I saw. 
You think you're deep in the wilderness.  No.
Just look over the shoulder of the road.
I had not really thought it completely through before I got there or I would have used my better camera and not my phone.  This at least will give you an idea of what I am surrounded by when I head out and run these long miles.
No wonder I head out here.  No wonder so many runners and bikers have found this spot.  It's just so lovely!

Now go ahead and take a peak without my extra commentary.
TT 

You know it's a haven when the road signs read Share the Road!

Oh wait!  Look, someone just past!

Going, coming back?  Doesn't matter. Isn't this great!

OK.  This is on the way back. 

The start and the finish.
  Everyone starts here and ends here, too.
  Park your car and get going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT