Sunday, March 7, 2010

10K+

I went out first thing this morning and ran. It felt good and it was definitely one of my better runs. I ran my four mile neighborhood route then when I realized how good I was feeling I lapped myself and added my three mile route onto that. I managed it without too much of a thought.
At about the time I was into mile six of the seven I realized I had actually completed the 10K that I missed yesterday. I wasn’t trying to do that today. I was going out for a 3 or 4 mile run and it turned into seven miles.
That was when I remembered I had checked and the 10K that I ran last year by the coast was yesterday. I knew I wouldn’t be able to participate this year and yet this morning here I was accomplishing it again a year later with a extra mile to spare.
I pushed my training really hard last year to be able to complete that many miles. I had never run that distance and it was sooner in my schedule than I had originally planned. Somehow I managed to get it done although it wasn’t without my share of added stress from everything to a change in the weather to just my first time jitters.
I ended up running the race, feeling thoroughly psyched after it was done, and was able to write a really good piece about something that happened while I was there.
And now it’s a year later. I’ve run more than the 10K on just an ordinary morning run. I still have that piece and a few more since then.
Look what a year can do if you keep at it.
TT
---------------------
Originally posted April 17, 2009:  A Penny
http://tessatoday.blogspot.com/2009/04/penny.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT