Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sensor update

I have been running again. I ran the last five days in a row. According to my new toy - the sensor that attaches to my running shoe - I have been doing quite well with getting myself out and running. It helps to have a device telling you how things are going.
It says I have had 11 runs since 3/11. That is 11 runs in 14 days. It also says I have completed one challenge and am in the midst of another. I signed up for a challenge that lasted one week and I had to run 10 miles. I came in 1531 out of 4501 participants in that one. Then I turned around and entered another challenge exactly like the first which started Monday, 3/22 and will end 3/29 for another 10 miles. This is a smaller race with only 388 participants so far. After I sync’d my run from yesterday (and yes that would mean 3 days) I am in 18th place with 10.66 miles completed. Now, I am not terribly excited (well, maybe a little) about the 18th place because that will change drastically as others sync their sensors. I mean most of yesterday I was in 53rd place. The previous race I took a day off and fell 300 places! I did make up some ground again, but that’s the way these on-line challenges go.
The other great thing is that I have moved up a color level. You start out as yellow. When you hit 31 miles you move up. I am currently at a total of 34.79 miles (in my 14 days) so I am now at the orange color level. It suggested I wear something orange so if anyone asked why I was wearing orange I could explain that I had attained my new level. That might be a bit much…although I might have something that color to wear…hmmm. The next color is green and I have another 120 miles before I hit that level.
So I am feeling quite good about my running. I do look good in green so maybe when I go out for my retail therapy I might keep that in the back of my mind as additional motivation. It would be something new to wear when I reach an even higher level. I am not kidding myself - I know that will be a while!
Oh and when I went to wear a pair of opened toe'd shoes for work recently I found I had lost a toenail. I had trouble with the nail on my second toe of my right foot but thought it was going to be fine. Well, the old nail is gone and there is a tiny crescent of a new growing in. It was totally painless since I didn’t even notice it was gone but I was still surprised when I realized it.
Euugh. Sorry. That information might be something only runners can appreciate. I’ll try to stick to colors and distances and challenges. And little devices that tell you how things are going.
Things are going well!
TT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now i really want to get that device. Are this real people you are competing with or is it just the computer?

Nancy

Chetta said...

Nancy - These are real people that also have the sensor-from all over-that sync their sensor and join the challenge on the nikeplus.com website.
http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_US/plus/#//dashboard/

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT