Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Overnight sensations

I couldn't resist snapping this shot. It seems the flowers have appeared in an instant. It was like nothing was there but a sign and then all of a sudden it was exploding in a sea of blue and green with flowers popping up over every available space.
It is always incredible the way this happens most years. This year is turning out to be an exceptional one. The blues seem to come first, then the yellows, then white and pinks...It just seems to spring out overnight and you come in to work one day and are welcomed with this beautiful salute to the day. Isn't this a welcome way to come to work?
I couldn't help but take a picture of this particular entrance to one of our buildings. Even though I pass it every day, it captured my attention so much more when I saw it just a day ago. That was when this amazing transformation occurred. That was when overnight these beautiful bluebonnets had populated every inch around the perimeter road and beyond. That was when I saw the flowers and the sign and I thought that together they were so appropriately named.
The best part is I don't have to travel to just this spot to see this blazing array of color. Right now these flowers are everywhere.
But I think you would have to agree with the picture and my thoughts on this when I saw it the other day. You would have to agree with my thinking when I saw it.
It truly is a Wildflower entrance.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT