Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lost workout

I completed another running challenge. It was another 10 miles in a week starting last Monday and ended yesterday at 11:59 pm. Needless to say I have had some pretty awesome runs lately.
Aside from the challenge I have set up my regular running week to start on Sunday and go through Saturday. According to my nifty site that stores my workouts I am able to say I ran a total of 25.37 miles in six runs with the longest being 6.65 miles last week. I could tell you I ran a total duration of 4:02:55 with a total calorie burn of 2173. That's a lot of information! I could go on to say that I started this week, since it starts on Sunday, with a run of 7.15 miles! Whoa. I honestly went in thinking I was going to do 4 miles on Sunday. Then I was 40 minutes into the workout and thought...ah, what the heck...another 10 minutes. Well, I ended up running a duration of 1:06:12. It was a little more than 10 minutes and a few miles more than 4. I don't really know what happened except the extra motivation for the challenge was also kicking in. I mean, I ran 6.65 the day before...more than a 10K...than I turned around and did it again with more to spare the next day. A half marathon in two days? I would never, no never, ever, ever, think I would be able to do that. But it was me. I can't say it was anyone else.
So yesterday my goal was another 4 miles and I went beyond again with a total of another 6.32 miles. But yesterday I had a problem with my nifty counter. Somehow when I went to sync it up it lost yesterday’s workout. It was there, then it wasn't, and it didn't get recorded and even worse it got erased. So I can talk all I want about the miles I did yesterday but it won't count toward the challenge and it's not on my stats on my site.
Bummer.
But I still got 3 10K's done in 3 days. What can I say?
I can say, oh well...better challenge next time. Even without counting my lost last workout it shows I ran a total of 28.93 miles. Not too shabby and still an improvement over my first challenge which was a total of 16.48 miles.
So I will take it as it comes and as it goes.
Besides...now that the challenge is over, I still ended up in 10th place with 537 participants.
Not too shabby.
TT
-------------------------
If I wanted to venture out and calculate the "what if" yesterdays workout counted...it would have put me in 5th place with a total of 35.55 miles from 3/22/10 - 3/29/10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT