Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winter

I came home after work yesterday.  Directly.  Straight home.  No stopping anywhere, no diversions, no gym.  I have had such good intentions but somehow my motivation has been lost somewhere in the gray, overcast skies and the bleak wintry chill.  I do not want to go into this subject again but I am truly amazed how my drive and discipline can so easily flee by the drop of a weather gauge.
I came directly home instead of the gym and took a hot shower.  I put a load of laundry into the washer and watched out my upstairs window as the evening crawled up and pulled it's cloudy covers over it's head well before it's usual time for calling it a night.  I turned on my lamp to glance over the few items on my desk to distract myself from the growing darkness forming too soon.  Nothing could hold my interest and I found myself gazing out the window again. 
It wouldn't be long before the entire scene would be enveloped in obscurity.  It wouldn't be long before everything would be motionless and murky.  It tries hard to be sinister and menacing and I have tried just as hard to fight it.  Then I come straight home and watch it from inside at my desk through my upstairs window.
There will be many more of these evenings before there are fewer.
Gads, it's going to be a long season.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT