Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Move forward

I knew I needed to write a new post this morning.  If for no other reason than to collapse my archive that is to the right-hand border of this page.  I knew getting up this morning that it is a new month and the only way to make all those older posts go away is to write a new one at the beginning of a new month.  It isn't really about making them go away but putting them aside so I can concentrate on what is ahead.
I ended last month by getting to my goal of running 75 miles for the month.  If I stop too long to feel good about it I won't do a thing about accomplishing anything this month.  I was lucky enough to get some great comments on the past two posts of the month.  It's amazing what a little encouragement can do.
I will need to match my 75 mile goal again this month.  I haven't really put together much more than that.  I know I need to take a closer look at my nutrition which has been sorely lacking in what I should be consuming.  Let's face it, I haven't been doing well with what I have been eating lately and I'm feeling the bad effects.  Don't think it doesn't play a part in the whole scheme of things.  It does and I am feeling some ill effects of eating things I thought would make me feel good when they really slowed me down instead.
Then I need to get some new running shoes.  What better motivation to get out and run than to have a new pair of dogs?
It isn't really a complicated plan.  I'm still thinking it through and will need to set up some weekly goals and schedules.  It's the first day of the month and I'll start now.
Let's put last month away and start up new.  What's to do and how do I do it?
One step at a time, but always moving forward.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT