Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A week

I asked for a weeks vacation.  An entire week - Monday through Friday - without having anything really planned on what to do during that time.  You might think that is a normal, everyday, type of thing for most people to do but I cannot remember the last time in years that I have done that.  Oh, I have taken a full week before but only when something was planned like a trip to Mexico.  Even when I have gone to New York it was over a long weekend so this time off is more unusal.
I have run into this recurring problem of having too many hours in my vacation bank where it gets to the point it will not add another second until I bring the total below the preset maximum.  I was at that point last month and took two days off and I am again there this month.  If I keep taking two days off every month I will constantly be in a state of keeping the bank just below max.  That is when I decided I would take the week off.  That will at least cover a couple of months and not just one.
I was approved to take a week off.  It is almost as if they want me to take it.  Maybe in the back of their minds they think I will finally get to the point where I will ask for the 9 or 10 weeks that I have in my bank and take it all at once.  I think if I ever did that I wouldn't ever go back to work.  I would just take the time and forget about it.  It almost feels that way when I take a week.
So, next week I won't need to go into the office.  I've already made a few plans to head out to my personal paradise on Sunday and spend a few days.  It will leave me a few more when I get back.  I'm actually looking forward to it but I don't think it has totally sunk in yet.  It will, I guess, soon enough. 
It will have to, won't it? ...it's only a few days away.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT