Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Still trying

I am still not quite sure about how to do this vacation thing. I found myself at ends this morning. We stayed out much later than my norm last night but I don’t think that was the culprit. It wasn’t the amount of alcohol I consumed because I only had three drinks during the course of the entire day.
Granted, I had a mimosa with breakfast, a beer at lunch, and a Martini at cocktail hour but that was it. Oh, yes, and a glass of red wine at dinner but that was it. Maybe the problem is I should have had more.
I got up late and finished a book, then started another. Then I was at ends again and after breakfast I was literally wandering the room until Jay sent me out to run or walk or go use the gym here on the facilities. I decided to run and it helped. The property has excellent paths and areas around the perimeter for just that kind of thing.
I came back and showered and sat on the balcony listening to music on my ipod. I couldn’t quite get the hang of just hanging. I knew we weren’t going to do much today but I was having a hard time just letting nothing happen. Jay then insisted we take advantage of the spa and scheduled a massage for me and him. We had time for lunch and time to hang again for about 45 minutes or so.
I just got back and I should have listened when the massage advice had been given me before. It was one reason I didn’t argue about the appointment being made today.
I don’t know what the massage therapist must have thought about all the knots and creaks I could feel while going through the session. There was no mistaking the amount of tightness that I had somehow horded in my back and shoulders.  I failed to realize exactly the extent of all the tension I had built up.  I am not sure I was there long enough.  

Well, I have more to say but I was only going to take a moment here. I couldn’t think earlier and I might not be doing a good job of it now.
I have been trying to take more pictures but Jay told me to stop taking them of every Iguana I see. He was right and I stopped. How many Iguanas does anyone need to see? I also seem to be using pictures as my food journal. I have a picture from breakfast, lunch and dinner yesterday (and breakfast and lunch today).  Does anyone want to see plates of food? 
I did realize from the pictures that I ate all vegetarian yesterday without meaning to. Give me a buffet and what do I do? I seem to head for all that fresh stuff that’s there. I added scrambled eggs to my plate this morning but lunch took a turn to meatless again. There is just too much fresh stuff here to choose from and well, if it counts for anything, I did have some really great fresh cheeses at lunch both days.
So I meant to pull away now. I have a beer waiting and some sun. I will try again tomorrow. And maybe I can get a lobster or steak for dinner tonight. I am sure I can. And another Martini would be nice…
Till 'morrow.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT