Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No sale

I got a notice in the mail yesterday from an auto dealership.  It seems they are wanting to buy my car back.  It seems they are wanting to offer me 10% above blue book value for my car.  It seems my car has become something that this auto dealership thinks it can make some money from even giving me over the value.
I am not giving them a chance at my car.  I don't want to sell my car.  I will keep my car no question, don't ask.  Step back!
Then I thought I should at least see what that might mean.  I can't help but analyze it.  Knowing some facts never hurt, knowledge is power and all that. 
I looked up the value of my car.  It was actually more than I realized and even though I still have a balance it's way over anything I owe.  If I add the 10% above value that they said they could offer I realized I would make a profit of anywhere from 10,000 to 12,000 after paying my balance.  That's a huge profit on a car.  That's a huge profit on an American made car. 
But it still doesn't make any difference.  I never got this car with the idea of selling it for a profit.  This car was always about finding something that was perfectly suited to me, at the perfect time in my life.  I had worked hard for it and I always felt like it was something I was able to accomplish and achieve.  It wasn't even a question - I deserved it and I was keeping it.  It's my car.  THE car.
I was almost insulted and upset that they would think I would give it over to them.  Silly thing.  I don't have a possession problem.  I don't horde things or get sentimental over belongings.  Somehow this felt different and I'm not sure exactly why.
Back up and step away from the lady's car.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT