Monday, March 1, 2010

Being beckoned

It has been a long day for me and I was just able to get my hotel room internet set up.  I almost didn't think I would be able to get it at all since my aircard wasn't international and I wasn't able to pick up wireless in my room.  I was resigned to the fact that I would have to forgo any postings until later.  I thought I could still write (and I would have) but not shared anything and would have lost a few days here on the blog.  I talked to the concierge and found out there is wireless in the main lobby but they actually gave me a cable to hook myself up in the room itself.  That is where I am now but I am tired.  I started the day at my usual time as if I was going to work but instead headed out of the country.
I will have to clear my head and let you know more later.  I can tell you today was actually a little stressful.  I know, I know.  Why stressful?  I am on vacation but not now.  I'm tired.  
I will say we arrived at 2:45 this afternoon and was greeted with a glass of champagne as we checked in.  Gratis, of course.  Everything here is gratis and paid for.  
But like I already said.  I'm tired.  I am going to sit on my second floor balcony and watch the ocean for a while.
Maybe tomorrow I will have my thoughts more organized.  I have an interesting tale of a man in the airport from this morning but there is no way I can tackle my index card notes now.  Ocean,  ocean...the sliding door is open and beckoning me...
I hear the ocean.  I can't resist it any longer.  I won't resist it any longer.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT