Thursday, March 11, 2010

On task

I think I am suffering from an early case of Spring Fever. It may have been the combination of vacation mixed with the slightest change in the weather for the better (Yes – went out at lunch yesterday and the top came down on the car). I am finding my mind doing a lot of wandering but not getting anywhere. I am thinking I want to write more and find myself spending time online basically just passing the time. It isn't even on anything worthwhile.
I found myself flipping through a site that had 65 pictures of celebrities eating. These were pictures obviously taken right at the moment some slim, young pretty was stuffing her gaping mouth with something that I am sure she will be berated for eating if her popularity escalates (or her weight). Yeah...I was busy inanely flipping through picture 61 when I stopped and thought...What am I doing?!?
I can't be sure what is causing my sudden attack of attention deficit. It might be that there isn't a thing I can rant or complain about. Even without an idea or topic each day I have managed to ramble on if for nothing more than to satisfy my mere word count. So I can't even complain that I haven't been able to write.
Fact is I could say I haven't paid much mind to writing my book. I have missed every deadline that I had set up for the first five chapters I was supposed to have completed by March 15. That went out the window (but the weather is so nice I was able to open it for the fresh air). I guess I could complain about that...but somehow it isn't a whole-hearted, deep seeded, coming from the gut complaint. I am not worried about it. I have written more on the book - just not five chapters. I even went back and "touched up" a few things on the first chapter after everyone told me not to do that...just keep writing from where you are they said. I tried that and it didn't sit well. It is still a first draft but at least I feel better after I tweaked a few things – and yes – just a few.
So I am going to blame it all on a very mild case of Spring Fever…which I looked up online – let me see, was it before or after the celebrity mouth stuffing pictures? – not sure, but I found out it’s definition: (For Spring Fever not mouth stuffing, although it could produce the same effects).
A feeling of restlessness, excitement, or laziness brought on by the coming of spring.
If only I could stay on task.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT