Friday, April 2, 2010

Curious facts

I had someone Google "sprained my ankle" yesterday and hit my page.  I wonder what they were really looking for.  I am sure it didn't have anything to do with what they got by going to my post.  It seems funny how that will happen sometimes.  It doesn't happen often but sometimes. 
I had found the information because it was the end of the month and I was glancing over at my stats from March.  I realized although my numbers are very small and conservation I had more page loads this past month than my best month which was in August 2009 when I first started using a counter.  Granted, it isn't dazzling figures and it's not going to make me famous or rich but just within it's own merit it was a good month.  A few people actually stumbled upon the blog by chance or on purpose to take a look at the words I came up with.











It's kind of a nice thing to see that after almost a year I haven't alienated everyone that has ever ventured to the blog on purpose or otherwise.  I think it's just my nature to want to see how I "fall in" with the numbers even when I am only comparing them to my own other months.  It isn't like I actually market this or even give out the link or even tell friends.  Don't get me wrong - I would love to have more readers because I would think that would help me in getting better.  It isn't because I don't want them to read it, I just don't know that they would be all that interested so I'm not inclined to promote myself.  
But I am always comparing, measuring, or trying to measure up.  It really isn't all that important in my scheme of things except that they are real numbers.  I didn't make them up and sometimes it nice to be able to see something concrete on something I have done.  It is always nice to see the concrete facts.  
I guess it would be more helpful if I was going to use the information for something but I haven't figured out what I would use it for yet.  Maybe it is just for the sheer curiosity of trying to figure out what that person who was looking up "sprained my ankle" thought after catching a glimpse of what I wrote. 
It has to be out of my sheer curiosity.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT