Saturday, August 22, 2009

Quotable

I saw an interesting quote written at the top of my planner yesterday morning. There is one on every page and I read them but I am not a big fan of "quotes of the day". I will always find a way to deconstruct it and find a meaning in it that I am sure was never intended or I take it out of context. This manages to diminish the much sought after effect of what the quote I am sure was going for. I sometimes wonder what the person being quoted must think of this. Do they get perturbed by the use of their words or more accurately misuse. I wouldn't think they would give it all that much thought but you know they could. I obviously think too much about it and (thank goodness) I am not the one being quoted. I wonder if there is a group that comes together for the sole purpose of finding quotable things that people say. What kind of job would that have to be? Can you imagine?

Oh my gosh, where have I wandered off to this time! I was talking about the quote I read yesterday morning...the quote.

The timing of this particular quote coming at the end of what had been a wicked week couldn’t have been planned. I had seen the movie I talked about in my 8/16 post Julie & Julia and a great glass of Claret and it felt I had come full circle. (And no…there will be no further reports or information given on the snake in the corner from yesterday. Not another word on that…it will go with me to the grave and all that…how dramatic, yawn.) Sorry, I seem terribly distracted today.

So getting back to where I was…
The quote was this: Find something you’re passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it. – Julia Child

Funny how the timing of this particular quote would be from Julia Child. Again, I can't say if these types of coincidences happen so much to me or I happen to them. It doesn't matter - it's just parts of things that seem the norm for me.

So (hmm, again - focus) after reading the quote, I realized I have found something I seem to be passionate about and I seem to be tremendously interested in it. I mean I am interested enough to spend all kinds of time working on it. I find myself logging in thinking I am going to allow myself 15 – 20 minutes and glance down at the clock and it is multiple hours later. Passion – check. Interest - check. Fun – check.

I think Julia might have been on to something.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT