Monday, August 24, 2009

Keep trying

I wrote for a good while late yesterday afternoon. I had come up with a subject and I grabbed a pad and scribbled my notes. I couldn't wait to come upstairs and type them up and work on it. That's what I did. I typed the notes this way and that. I grouped, regrouped, and reworded. I used this thought and that. I tried to embellish it and maneuver it. It seemed like such a good idea. I didn't realize how long I had worked on it. I wasn't watching the time. I was just in the moment and doing it.

I eventually realized no matter how much I worked it or how hard I tried it wasn't going to come out at all the way I was hoping. I really tried a couple of different ways to approach it. I knew it was so far off the mark there wasn't going to be any recovery. So I left it.

No, there are no real regrets. I have to congratulate myself on at least that. I was able to get up and move away with the knowledge that there is still a long way to go and this was just another hurdle. I don't know how many times I circled it before I realized I needed to stop and walk away, but in the end I did.

I was hoping to post this wonderful idea that I had yesterday but it just didn't want to happen. The thing about all this is that I am still feeling so optimistic about the entire process. This idea didn't work the way I was trying yesterday. I might dissect it later and see something I couldn't yesterday or I might just move away from it and find something else. Whatever happens I am not feeling discouraged.

I will just keep trying.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT