Friday, February 10, 2012

A regular zoo

Jay has likened me to three different animals in the past few days.  I don't think he was purposely trying to do that but it worked out like that or I just happened to notice the references he was making.  Maybe the first time he was trying to get back at me since I had said something previously about him being beached.  It was the next day that I was spread out lengthwise on the bed to my full tiny self and he said I looked like a beached whale.
"A whale," I said deadpan.  He tried to come up with something clever but realized it wasn't going to go well.  He muttered to himself and went away.  The next day on the phone I was actually thanking him for calling me and telling me to go directly to the gym...that it had worked and I felt really good about it.  He said, "Yeah, you're like a mule."  In my head I'm thinking, now a mule so I asked him, "A mule?"
"Yeah, sometimes you need to wear those things they wear on their eyes...those blinders so you don't get distracted with everything else around you."
"Oh.  Right."  Okay.  He managed around that one fairly well. 
The third strike came in the middle of last night.  It was dark, we were asleep and I got a massive cramp attack in my left foot.  That happens to me sometimes but it usually happens earlier in the evening.  I slid out of bed, faced it to leaned on the edge with both hands and stomped my left leg on the carpeted floor to get the blood circulating to stop the cramping.  The successive pounding of my foot woke Jay up.  "What's the matter?"
"Nothing, I've got a cramp in my foot."
"Can't you do anything about that?  You keep getting them?"
"They don't last long and I just need to get the blood going."
"You sound like a small horse."
The cramp hadn't gone away but my mouth opened and I said, "Now a horse?"
"Well, you sound like a little horse stamping his hoof."
"That's three animals already?"
"Go to bed."
Yes, I seem to be three different animals.  A whale, a mule, a small horse.  What's next?  Who knows.  I have no idea what Jay will come up with next.
What a weasel.
TT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a badger? They'll hand you that ass with an attitude!

Chetta said...

No lacking in attitude around here - that's for sure! I won't mention he said something about a dog to me last night...I'm not sure what's with the animals lately?!?

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT