Sunday, October 28, 2012

Baby Sous Chef

It's been a while since I was tasked with creating a Halloween Costume for a small child.  Let's face it.  My two sons are no longer small or children any longer.  But, they know I have done it in the past and I might still have a few sewing skills even if I don't use them very often. 
Sonny and Selma asked if I could sew up a simple costume for Mr. L.  Their little one is all of 10 months old already and they decided they would like him to be Daddy's Bloody Baby Sous Chef.  So he would need to be dressed appropriately and who better to put together a custom outfit than...well, me.
This morning I put it all together.  I had an idea of how to do it.  I had already purchased a yard which was too much material but for $1.50 I couldn't see asking for only 1/2 a yard.  It went fairly smoothly and having taken care of Mr. L last weekend I had pulled out my measuring tape to down-size everything.  I mean, do you know any 10 month old Sous Chefs?  You can't exactly buy their outfits off the rack.  So this is how it turned out....



Simple.  Miniature.  I'm thinking I need to embroider his name at the top right hand area of the apron.  I mean, why not?  It's custom-made for him anyway. 
TT 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got a few days left,hook up the chef coat as well,and pants...

Chetta said...

; ) I had thought about the pants and the jacket... Pants would have been easy...I would need a few more measurements and fittings for the jacket. Don't know if Mr. L would sit still long enough!

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT