Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Not bread

Don't be confused by the picture above.  It is not unbaked loaves of bread.  They are not dinner rolls ready to be popped into the oven.  No.  Oh, no.  Do not confuse these carefully wrapped and hastily prepared batches of white you see above.  
They are at least 13 dozen sugar cookies.  What?  Can't you see them?  There.  Up above.  All fancy cut outs, sparkling in colored sugar?  Flaky morsels of sweet pastries that melt in your mouth and awaken the holiday warmth inside you?

Well, in all fairness, I understand that isn't their current state.  They are headed in that direction and the only problem that might pass through my head right now is trying to finish them all in time.  I have much more than the 13 dozen you see above to conquer.  It's more like 42 dozen or 500 cookies.

Yes!  Another order for cookies came in yesterday for 42 dozen cookies.  Another corporate order to be delivered Thursday morning!  Yikes!  And I'm working all day today and tomorrow...so baking every spare moment after that.  Luckily, they don't all need to be the rolled out, cookie cutter sugar cookies.  That would take some time!  I was also able to talk them into some of my signature 5 chocolate cookies and some PC (Pistachio Cranberry) to make the holiday theme complete.  (And give the needed taste variety).

So - If I have a moment, I might emerge somewhere in the next two days.  But then...I can't make any promises.
TT

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you put that cap and coat on the lil Chef "L", get his happy #$@ working too...everybody wants to eat..but where's the love?

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT