Sunday, July 31, 2011

Still on track

It is sort of late in the day but I just got back from the gym.  I waited too long to push myself out of the door but there was no way I could let myself mess up by day 4 of this 21 day habit process I am putting myself through.  Whatever trick it takes...I'll try it on myself and it seems to be working so far to get me to the gym. I have to admit on Friday (day two) at 10 minutes before I was ready to leave work I was thinking I didn't want to go and work-out and would skip it.  I then thought to myself  it would be ridiculous to only have one day accomplished.  Then I knew this morning (day four) I should have gotten my work-out done earlier but when I didn't do it I tried to rationalize how it would be okay to miss today.  How would it be okay?  So I got up and went.  Now I'm back from the gym and it was actually a good thing.  I mean this isn't a hard trick.  My rule is simple.  It's only a 30 minute work-out I am going for in this 21 day time frame.  Every day for 21 days - a 30 minute work-out and it doesn't have to be all running, although these four days it has been.  But I can change it up and cycle or something else if I could remember the names of the machines but I don't right now and I don't think it matters since I'm done for the day.
I think now I'll grab a glass of wine, do some ironing, while watching a cooking show.  My Sunday evenings are so predictable.  It was earlier in the day that almost went off track.
TT
-----------------------------
21 day habit gambit - Days 3 & 4 completed - 17 to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT