Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Is it over yet?

Maybe I should be writing now but I have to finish the book I am currently reading.  No, you don't understand.  I have to finish this book.  I need to finish it.  There is no way to end this book unless I finish reading it.  It needs to be over and done with!
I am not necessarily enjoying this book.  In fact, I still have 178 pages left until I get to the end and that isn't many but it won't be over until I do.  And I SO want it to be over.  It should be over already.  I'm beginning to wonder what happen to the story part in this book.  It got lost somewhere in the thoughts of the characters.  The story could be done, finished, I might (maybe) have enjoyed the story of this book except I am tired of weeding through the characters thoughts to try to get to it.  It should be done and it isn't.
Here is what is happening. The story is going along.  Different portions of the plot is revealed and I read more to find out where that plot might be going.  I need to keep reading to try to discover through the characters what is happening and what will take place to uncover what is happening in the story.  Fair enough, right?  That is what should happen.  But the characters are just plain full of themselves.  How irritating.  Every single one of them and there are quite a few!  How could they all be so self-absorbed.  Let's say a character goes to answer the phone.  Great!  Some action...they hear it ring, go to pick it up and bam! while the phone is ringing they go off to some place that reminds them of the time they spent with their aging grandmother on a deserted island and had to take pills to keep from dehydrating because the sun was so hot and then five pages later and alot of information that has nothing to do with anything they go back and answer the phone in present time.  "Hello?"
Huh?!  Did we have to hear all about that while waiting for you to cross the room to answer the phone?  Really?  Why?  What does it have to do with anything?  I don't even like you.  You make me NOT like you.  I don't care about your aging grandmother and I don't even care why you might have been on a deserted island.  It has nothing to do with the story and it seems ridiculous that that is what might have happened to you and why the heck did a phone ringing remind you of it!!!  
So I need to stop writing now.  I have to go finish a book.
Please let me finish this book.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT