Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pleasant surprise

I was more than a little surprised this morning when I opened up laptop.  We arrived at our usual motel here at my personal paradise early yesterday afternoon.  We grabbed some lunch before we checked in and afterward I went and grabbed some rays by the pool.  I lounged for long enough to relax in the heat and listen to the water splashing activities of others in the pool.  I didn't stay long enough to leave more than a slight layer of bronze upon the already fading color of my skin.  And boo-hoo about the bad effects and all that jive.  I've always practically lived outdoors, always will.  It's everything in moderation right?  Well, I was moderate.  Then it was a shower and relax before heading out for an evening drink and yeah...since there was a live band, a little dancing, too.  Not a shabby day in paradise.
And then this morning I opened my laptop in the motel thinking I would charge my iPod.  That is when I noticed there was wi-fi available.  I checked and there was one with the same name as the motel.  Could it be?  I've been coming here for so long and that hasn't been the case before.  So I clicked into it and I needed a password.  I walked over to the phone and called the motel office.  "I'm in room 327.  Do you have wi-fi?"  "Yes," came the operators answer.  I recognized her voice from the same lady that had checked us in yesterday.  She is the same lady that checks us in almost everytime we are here.  She went on to explain the process but I was already ahead of her and just waiting for the password.  I think she is used to having to explain every step but I got what I needed and was able to log-in.
So here I am now (yes - a little late in the day) in my motel room, after just finishing a book (rather good one for a change - thanks, dear friend, for the suggestion) and pausing a moment to think how very convenient this all is.  I am certainly appreciative of the simplest things.  Relaxing, dancing a step, reading a good book and convenient wi-fi.
It's no wonder this is my own personal paradise.
TT
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT