Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wasn't working

I am sad to say I had to part with something new in my life.  This was something I had been trying to avoid.  I had to correct a situation and I needed to act on it before it went too far and it would be too late.
I returned by brand new iPod Nano 6th generation.  I put it in a box and shipped it back from whence it came.  It didn't make me happy to do it but I had no choice.  It could have been something I would have kept a very long time.  I could see the benefits of having such a compact, thoroughly advanced piece of technology.  But it wasn't working out.  I admit I might have overlooked a few idiosyncrasies at the beginning.  I thought it was just going to take some getting used to and I turned a blind eye to a few things for the short time it was in my possession.  Then it did something I couldn't ignore. 
I was pleasantly listening to some music.  I was enjoying my tunes coming over my earbuds while plugged into my newest device.  Things were going along splendidly.  Then the volume went down to nothing.  It just diminished until I couldn't hear anything anymore.  I looked down at the tiny device and pumped up the volume.  It came back to the level I pressed it into and then immediately slid down the scale to nothingness again.  I pumped it up again and it slid down.  I pumped it up, down, up, down, up, down...it was turning into a ridiculous contest of who would win the volume control.
I lost.  No matter how I raised the volume it would automatically barrel down to zero.  I couldn't hear a thing.  I knew that was the end.  I was still within my time frame to get an entire refund.
That was when I realized all the things that had been happening that I had tried to ignore.  I knew it had lost a charge too quickly when I first got it.  I knew the touch screen seemed a little sluggish when I tried to end my workouts while using it.  I knew I had been trying to ignore any bad that was presenting itself and only view the good I wanted to see.  But I reached the point I couldn't ignore the bad any longer.  I made the decision to let it go and that is when I put it in a box and shipped it back from whence it came.  It could have worked out so differently but I wasn't seeing it for what it was.  I was making it out to be something it could never be, at least not this one.  It wasn't working.
No literally.  It wasn't working!  Who wants a music device if it turns off it's own volume? It seemed pretty cut and dry to me.  I was sad but I was more than a little angry, too.  What a waste!  I should have gotten rid of it at the first signs of anything not being just right.  I should have...
I returned my iPod Nano touch screen 6th generation.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT