Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Workspace

I'm looking around the room that is my workspace here at home.  There are very few things out of order.  A few papers I need to go through, a small pile of items that need to be put away but mostly it is pretty well organized.  I seemed to be keeping up with myself.  Or maybe I am almost getting ahead of myself.  What I mean is, all the items are in place to make for a very conducive place to work and as organized as I am I haven't been doing very much work.
I came across an article about things to do and things to avoid about a  home office work space.  It pointed out what I've heard many times before of not having your laptop and desk in your bedroom.  It seems you can't clear your head if you see work as you are waking up.  It also said things like being organized and keeping papers to a minimum and even if you have stacks of work that it was sometimes okay since you have to have those types of things in order to work.  Well, okay now, make up your mind.  I'm not sure if the article was just trying to make everyone feel good - the organized, stackless-people and the many papers stackful-people.  Could it be both or was the article just trying to cover everyone?  Anyway, my area is stackless and ready.
I don't have the excuse of having to take the time to get organized.  I'm pretty much already there.  Now if I could only stay home to work.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT