Saturday, July 16, 2011

While waiting

Ahhh, but no!  Sitting around waiting seemed absurd!  What better way to pass the time from here to there in the early morning than going out and adhering to the weekend warrior rule I have been following of late.  I went out for a run!  Nice, slow, easy.  I actually set my sensor for three miles to just pass a little time.  Three mere miles to get over the hump of being up too early to leave. 
Ahhh, but no!  No three miles...went past that marker far too easily and kept going.  Still nice, still slow.  I wasn't racing, just passing time and it turned into this.
  Okay, just a little more than 3 miles and I was feeling really good up until mile 5 1/2 when I took a breather and caught my breath.
So, it was the best way to spend the time.  I am only here now long enough to cool down to shower and pack it up to go.
I also set another goal for a week to try to get a little more consistent.  I tried once and didn't make it so I am going to give it another chance (Well, I'm giving myself another chance - aren't I?)
I also thought this was interesting.
I've got a long way to go until I hit the next level.  But look where I am now and I need to remember it took one small goal at a time.  Ahhh, but no!
It took one small run.  It took one foot in front of the other.  It took one small step at a time.

Now I really need to run!  Just enough time to leave for my personal paradise!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT