Thursday, July 28, 2011

21 days

I dragged my rump to the gym this afternoon after work.  It was a necessary action that should have happened sooner.  I have had nothing that could pass as any good physical activity in approximately two weeks.  During that time I have come directly home from work and managed to snack myself through a buffet of junk foods before making dinner and then eating again.  I decided it had to stop and since the time in which this bad behavior seemed to occur was after work I made the decision that was the time frame I needed to concentrate on.  I had to do something after work to divert myself from this lazy grazing.  What could be better than using that time to get a work-out in?  I have done that before.  I can't exactly run outside at that time due to our 103 degree weather of late and I shouldn't have stopped completely anyway.  I made up my mind to get over myself and to stop finding reasons why I couldn't and find ways I could.  So I did.  And I will.
I have successfully filled that time one day today.  In order to make it a habit I need to make it happen another 20 days to complete the 21 days to make it a habit gambit.  So tomorrow again and then the next.  I will fill that black hole of snacking time with the necessary diversion I should have been using in that time slot for in the first place. 
Whew!  I might have caught this just in time.  20 more days...
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT