Thursday, July 21, 2011

Baby news

It's never been a question of "if."  It's always been a matter of "when."
It was only a while back that I got a card with that one line on the front of it.  I had gotten a call after work asking if I was at home and what time Jay would be there.  I tried to answer as best I could and the conversation seemed abruptly short and left me without too much information.  When Jay arrived home I asked if he had gotten a phone call.  "No."  Well, then, okay.  It seemed a little odd but nothing to really think too much about.  Yet, it did seem slighly odd. 
A little later in the evening Sonny and Selma came over to the house.  I knew something was up and Selma seemed a little nervous (or was that me)?  We went out to the back deck and weren't sitting more than a few minutes when Sonny looked at Selma and Selma looked at him and I looked at both and then everybody was looking at each other.  Selma finally stood up and handed us the card.  There it all was.  It's never been a question of "if."  It's always been a matter of "when."  I opened the card and it said, Congratulations, Future Grandpa and Granda!
OH!  My! Well!  That IS happy news, without question!  No question!  We were all smiles and hugs and talking.  There was no more looking from one to another without a multitude of words and more smiles.
It has been a while since I got the news but it was never a question of "if" I was happy and excited about it.  It was a matter of "when" I would want to put something as important as this down.  It's past that time.  The when is now and was never an if.  Good news like this will swirl around you starting at your feet and work it's way up until you lift your arms and can only smile and clap.  This feeling has been swirling around me from the moment I read that card.  It's been there every time I think about the future and how these things unroll and play out.  It keeps gaining momentum at times and I can feel it generating from those places inside that want to burst it's way out.  There was never an if.
So, it looks like there will be another name I might be called in the future.  Granda.  And no, I didn't misspell it here...that is what the card said...so it must be so.       
I'm going to be a Granda!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT