Monday, July 11, 2011

Talk to my agent

It seems my time spent in the kitchen yesterday may have been a premonition of what was to come.  I received an e-mail from Dante (my younger son) asking if I could make some of my cookies.  He said he thought he had some people that might be interested in buying them. 
I smiled.  I enjoy making my cookies.  I have fun coming up with the different flavor combinations and sharing them with people that truly seem to enjoy them.  But I have never sold them.  Dante has always been my sort-of, well, what can I call him? - agent, I guess. Or let's just say he has always been the one that will try to push me in the things I like to do (that I do for fun or give away) when he thinks there might be an actual market for it.
He has been the one asking me to finished my book.  When I say I am only writing it for myself he will always say well then finish it and we will see if it's only for you.  And we have had small discussions about the cookies before but this time it has gone further.  When I got home he actually called me and wanted a list of possible cookie selections.  He wanted me to come up with a cost.  He asked about my tins or other packaging.  He seems to be serious.  I started trying to answer his questions and I had to think quickly because he was asking about this and then he thought about that.  He thought a bakers dozen would be a good marketing idea.  He was talking about the names of the cookies and what exactly do I call my 5 chocolate cookie?  Then I'm stuttering...Cinque Cioccolato...except I can't seem to pronounce it.  It stuck on my tongue and I'm trying to answer his questions about what I put into my PC and MAC cookies.  He thought those would market well also.  So I will need to spend a little time figuring some things out.  If I get to bake some cookies that will be good.  If he thinks he can get some orders that will be great.  I have always done this for free - for people that enjoy them - so if there is some type of small token thrown in because Dante has done a little work - it's all good.
I don't have a problem with that.  Besides, that small token will probably go right back to him anyway.  I know he has a vacation trip at the end of the month which may be the reason this idea came up in the first place and being my agent and me being his mom...  Well, his percentage might be well higher than most but would I even do it without being pushed by my agent?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT