Friday, July 29, 2011

Uphill

With profound change comes new opportunity...
I came across this line and, of course, I had to try to figure out how it pertained to me.  I haven't had too many things changing lately.  Routines are running as regularly as they have ever been and I can't think of a profound change that has affected me directly.  I think the line stuck in my head because, just maybe, I feel like there might be some new opportunities if I pay attention.  But do I need to wait for a profound change?
I think I realized that I have never been much for waiting on things to happen, to see how it goes type of personality.  If I feel like something needs to be done I will most likely pick it up and do it.  It will usually be an uphill battle but for the most part I will struggle with myself through it to get to the top of the hill or somewhere on a high ledge so I can look down from where I came.  It also doesn't mean I won't stand back and let things play out.  It wouldn't be accurate to say I don't do that but most of the time I am paying attention to what is going on while I am standing back.  Maybe most of the profound changes that are happening are affecting the people around me which, in turn, has an affect on me. 
I must say it is certainly a pleasure when I get to see someone who has been dealt something in life which provokes profound changes only to have that experience move them to a new opportunity they may have left for a waiting to happen circumstance.  It gives them the opportunity to act on something they might have been wanting to do but were too stuck in a regular routine to think they could.  Most people don't think they can climb to high ledges much less the top of the hill.  And what if you try and can't make it?  What can it hurt?  The journey itself sometimes has value you could never gain if you didn't try.  And more than likely you will be higher up than you were before to see things in a different way than you ever could.  Isn't that what makes everything worthwhile? 
So, as I am standing back watching the changes around me, I am paying attention to the positive changes that are affecting the ones around me.  I guess I am not so worried about myself but I get the benefit of the joy that comes when others experience that high that comes when they take the opportunities they might not have acted on if there hadn't been a profound change.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT