Tuesday, July 26, 2011

In the kitchen

I have been in the kitchen again.  That isn't unusual and I got to play sous chef this past Sunday.  I didn't do anything elaborate but just helped out.   I made some home-made lemonade (really, I only squeezed the lemons).
   
 Then I made a salad. (Yes, there is lettuce underneath all those sliced avocados).
Then I made a cake with the fresh fruit on top (again - they keep asking for it).  I'm sure you've seen this before...or something similar.  I've done it many times.
It was great and even though I don't have pictures of everything else it was all very good.

But the bulk of my cooking time was spent earlier in the week.  I actually had orders to fill for my cookies.  These are the same cookies I  experimented with, came up with different flavor combinations and then given away.  The give-away part didn't enter into it this time.  Dante persuaded me to give a shot at selling them.  We sat down and he made me come up with at least six of my flavors.  I knew my original cookie had to be included - the Cinque Cioccolato (don't let the name scare you, it's my five chocolate cookie) and five more to make six different varieties.  Then it was packaging and pricing and labels and tins and ingredients and it was some work but we put it together.  He went out and got 16 orders in one try!  So I had to bake to fill the orders and I did! And he sold them all!  I couldn't have been happier.  These are the six varieties in the bakers dozen packaging we came up with.  Yes...we did all the photo's and artwork on the labels - we did all of it.  Well - only I did the baking.
I have been in the kitchen recently.  More work needs to be done if I was really going to go any further with this cookie venture but it's something that was given a fairly good trial run and worked.
I'm happy with the way it turned out.  But then I always feel good when something good comes out of the kitchen.  Doesn't everyone?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT