Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Coming up

The month of July seems to be winding it's way down.  I keep flipping calendar pages over to the next month without quite realizing what has happened to the month I am tucking back and away with other past pages. At least it seems that way for the previous months this year.  But I have done a few things this month and it has been positive.  I can't walk away shaking my head in wonder about where the time went.  This time I seem to know what happened since I was an active part in a variety of things that were going on.
If you were to press me on what those things were I would be able to rattle off a few fingers worth of items.  I would probably spill them out quickly and efficiently.  I would probably then stop and have to think for a moment before proceeding again and ticking off another finger or two.  It might be cause for some self-doubt at that point.  Maybe I would begin to think it really wasn't that much and I shouldn't have said anything to begin with.  It might play out that way.  It has in the past.
But I don't think it would this time.  Something has changed and seems to be changing.  Again.  There are changes in myself, in what I do and how I go about it.  Mostly, I think, these changes are in the way I am thinking about it.  It isn't a matter of not holding myself to the absolute highest standard because I don't know that I can lower that bar too much, but allowing myself the smallest of breaks, that sometimes it takes time to reach those standards.  I can give myself a small amount of permission to take the time to work on it and if I stick to it I can get there. 
This month of July seems to have been when I started to get there with a few digits worth of things.  I might take the small amount of time left to this month to appreciate and absorb these positive concepts.  It's a good place to be and I don't want to rush through and forget the importance of it all.  It isn't even a matter of slowing down as much as it is recognizing as I go along.  So as July winds down, I have been coming up. 
That isn't such a bad way to end a month.
TT 
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT