Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fitting it in

I have had some quiet time today to figure out where I left off on my fiction, my book.  I had to go back and re-read my last chapter since I couldn't seem to get a good enough idea of where I was from my notes.  Organization is a wonderful thing but it can be very stark.  I also wasn't sure if I had actually covered certain things - I mean actually written them - or if I just had the idea go through my head and not actually written it yet.  I can do that sometimes.  I have a scene play in my head and then not remember if I got it down or not. 
My notes also don't tell me exactly what state of mind I left my character in.  I left the last few lines with the main character answering the phone.  I think I know where I was going with that now but when I re-read it I realized I didn't know who was on the other end of the phone after she said hello.
That is nobody's fault but my own.  I let too much time go in-between writing again.  I was on such a good roll of keeping up with it and then I let it go (again).  So my notes actually do give me an indication of who is on the line or who could be on the line that would move the story forward again.
It is good thing I had some quiet time to do that.  The fiction is on again.  I never meant to let it get away from me and I will steal more than moments if possible again.  Frequently.
I'll do it while I fit in all the rest of the things going on.  Like Fathers Day...today. 
We are going over to Sonny and Selma's this afternoon.  Dante will be there too, of course, and yes, Jay.
Fiction started again, life in the middle, then more fiction again soon.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT