Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Re-figure

I looked for a 5K for this weekend to commit to run.  Yes, for this weekend - that soon.  I figured getting out and running a short race in a more official surroundings would be good for me instead of in my own neighborhood.  I wasn't successful in finding one.  I was surprised when I couldn't find one but since it's Labor Day weekend I guess that might be why there aren't any planned.  But still.  I was ready to sign up and it doesn't look like I will be able to do it.
I've had an extremely poor showing for my running this month.  I managed a few miles over this past weekend but I haven't graced the gym in three weeks and I'm ashamed to even mention the low mileage I've done for a total this month. 
I haven't lost my motivation.  Thank goodness that isn't the problem.  I've just made it impossible to make time.  And now I'm at an odd point of not running and not writing and I'm trying to re-figure both.
I'll give the 5Ks another look.  Maybe there is something I might have missed and if not, I still have my old way of doing it unofficially.  It won't be the same jump start I might have been looking for but it'll do.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT