Saturday, March 9, 2013

In three's

Wake up!  Wake up!  I did.  I figured it's really an hour later than the clock said even if that doesn't go into effect until tomorrow.  I couldn't sleep anymore anyway.  I somehow had three scenes in my head playing out while I was supposed to be asleep.  It was that morning time when you are still supposed to be sleeping but you are not and just there in bed realizing it's too early to get up but you keep your eyes closed thinking you will fall back to sleep.  It didn't happen and I kept playing out the beginnings of one scene after another.  They weren't even from the same story.  They were from three different ones.  And these are all stories that I have started and not moved on with trying to write.  Are they trying to tell me something?  Or am I trying to tell myself something.  It's been a while since I had the ideas float around in my head without prompting.  And, of course, they all decide to bombard me at the same time. 
And does that matter?  They are all different stories.  All different characters.  All different scenes.  I should probably put them all down and see where they go.  Maybe that is the way I should write them up.  I need to stop thinking so hard and just write it up and not put them on spare pieces of paper that land on my desk for later.  I will find the notes a week from now when I'm de-cluttering my desk and not know what I meant.  I just cleared my desk of that and know that isn't working.
So while I use this extra hour I won't have tomorrow morning I will be writing up short bits of scenes that played in my head before I got up.  Three of them.  For three different stories that are in three different documents. It might be a good stretch to exercise the imagination for the three different characters involved.  Sounds like a good reason to wake up.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT