Monday, August 30, 2010

PC & MAC

I finally made a test batch of my two new concept cookies I've been thinking about.  I will be bringing them into work to share and let others taste to see what they think of the flavor combinations.  I discovered when I tested batch after batch of my Turtle cookies I had stumbled across a good base for the chocolate cookie dough.  It was a smoother flavor than the chocolate I used in the five chocolate cookie which has more of a brownie flavor.  When I realized I wanted to use the new chocolate dough I felt like I needed to add another ingredient.  That's when a dear friend suggested I use pecans.  Well, yeah.  Good idea!  So that was the beginnings of the idea of the PC cookie - Pecan Chocolate.
It was a good idea but once I thought of it as PC, I knew I had to come up with the other half - MAC.  PC & MAC - I mean one or the other.  I had to come up with a companion cookie.  I had to think of something.  I just had to and couldn't seem to bring myself to test the PC cookies until I had the idea for the MAC. I went through different ingredients until finally I thought - Macadamia nut, Apricot and Coconut! 
That seemed like a good flavor profile.  It was kind of tropical and different from the standard Pecan and Chocolate.  That might work.
The MAC ingredients tasted good when I mixed them together.  The color was bright and had the right tang from the apricot combined with the sweet of the coconut and crunch of the nut.  The chocolate in the PC cookie was melted down from semi-sweet chips with butter and added to the dough. 
So - we shall see.  Two new concept cookies tested.  They might need some tweeks or upgrades but I will let the taste testers take over for now.
Then I can ask...What's your preference - PC or MAC? 
TT 

1 comments:

Chetta said...

MAC definitely the forerunner and preferred over the standard chocolate. I'm a little surprised but happy the flavor combination worked!

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT