Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Funny feet

"Your feet have no meat."
It sounded like a line from a Dr. Seuss book.  I'm not sure what the title of that one would be but it had that same style of rhyming ring to it.  Actually I was sitting outside after work last night with Jay.  I had changed into a pair of shorts and kicked off my shoes as I am always barefoot at home.  I was sitting comfortably in one of our outdoor chairs with my knees bent up to my chest and my feet on the edge.  (Well, comfortably for me, maybe).  I guess with my feet that high up in Jay's line of sight he couldn't resist saying something about them and the great Dr. Seuss-like line is what he came up with.  It was funny but he meant it.  I had never considered the fact.  Why would I?  Does it matter the amount of flesh someone has on their feet?  I didn't think so.
I guess he thought so.  He went on for a few moments describing my feet with it's visible bones and the length of my toes.  He claimed I had extra long toes that started in the middle of my foot.  I argued that point.  He was just tracing the bone that connected to the toe and calling it extra long.  He went so far as to remove his sock and shoe as to compare and show me a foot with meat.  I wasn't sure that was such a good idea.  I might have a narrow, slight foot but his are really chunky and big and...pale!  Wow, I told him they didn't look healthy and maybe they should diet just a bit.  He put his sock and shoe back on and didn't have too much more to say about my meatless feet.
Some people can sure dish it out but just try to point out something that they brought up and they get miffed.  I must say we both had a giggle about it afterward.  How do we always end up in these weird conversations?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT