Sunday, August 22, 2010

Are we there yet?

I woke up way too early this morning.  It was about 5:30 and I had a good feeling I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.  I tried but it wasn't working so I got up.  I thought I would sleep much later today given all the things I got done yesterday.  I didn't stop when I should have late yesterday but proceeded to make a simple chicken salad from the last of the leftover baked chicken I had.  I put it in the fridge and went out to the deck and grabbed a small towel and wiped down the tables and turned on the sprinkler when I was supposed to be sitting still out there.
So I was a little surprised to wake up so early this morning.  I guess I am more anxious to get on my way out-of-town than I thought.  I'm like a little child filled with nervous excitement about some great adventure.  I know I'm ready to go but it's too early so I have managed to keep myself busy (again).  I folded the clean towels and vacuumed my office space here upstairs.  I cleared off my work table by picking up my running magazines and putting them aside for now.  The articles will keep.  I will take my writers digest magazines with me.  I have flipped through them periodically before but I will be able to give them a more concentrated look now that I have time.  They do have some good ideas and it is somehow reassuring to know how neurotic others are about writing and it isn't only me.  Or maybe the only bits of articles I've glanced through have coincidentally mentioned the self-doubt that I keep experiencing.  They all say to just keep doing it, keep writing, stay focused.  I didn't need the magazine to know that I needed to do just that.  That is why I have made sure my entire story is saved to my USB flashdrive to take with me.  That was one of the first things I did this morning when I got up so early and couldn't sleep any longer thinking about going away and taking my downtime the way I should. It seems the way I should is reading, relaxing, and getting together with some characters that I have neglected.  I will be adding more words to their story and not only getting reacquainted with these characters but getting them moving and interacting again.  I am actually looking forward to spending some time doing that.  I have equipped myself with what I need and maybe this change of scene is the best way to get it all started again. 
Did I say I was so looking forward to it?  Just in case I didn't ... I am so looking forward to it!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT