Friday, August 13, 2010

Homemade Pizza

Pizza is something I will usually make on a Saturday. It comes from my growing up and would be a simple way for my Mom to satisfy different likes and dislikes without having to make different foods. She would do it for Saturday dinner since she wasn't working and she had more time to prepare it for the bunch of us. I had been thinking of making it but moved it up from Saturday to Thursday (last night). Why not?
It's a simple thing really...

Add packet of yeast to 1/2 cup warm water and dissolve.  Add to 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 cup of flour.

Mix with fork until comes together.
With flour on your fingertips gently take it out of the bowl and form into ball.  Flour the surface llightly, too!
Oil a clean bowl and let dough rise.  Put on top of the oven and cover with clean dish towel for 30 minutes or so.

Turn out of the bowl on floured surface.  Knead slightly, then roll out dough.
Go ahead and put on your oiled pan and let rest...whatever time...15 minutes is fine.

Grate your cheese.  I also use my own quick tomato sauce.  Sautéd onions, canned diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and about a tablespoon of sugar cooked down for 30 minutes.  (Hint:  basil & sugar - pizza sauce should be slightly sweeter than meat sauce)
Fun part! Toppings can be anything you want.  I had salami & spicy coppocola.

Out of the oven - I used mine as high as it would go- 550 degrees for 10-15 minutes?  I'm not sure.  I was watching the pizza not the clock.  Yes...also added some veggies, but like I said...those can come off or more and different can be put on!
Have a slice!
It's only Thursday evening but it feels like a Saturday!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT