Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Getting organized

I need to carve out some time  for organizing my writing again.  I knew I had a draft post I had put together for the blog. When I checked this morning I found I had three draft posts I had put together.  I realized at that moment that I really needed to clean out my files so I would have them stored in the proper place.  This helps me keep my back stage area of blogger clean to my eye even though you never see it.
Last year when I was committed to posting daily I created a separate file with blank documents simply labeled Sunday through Saturday with one extra blank document.  I would sometimes start a post within blogger in draft mode then pull it out and copy it into one of my labeled word documents to give me time to work on it.  I could then delete the draft out of blogger keeping it "clean".  It was the way I stayed organized and I had my material always at hand in a one stop shop, so to speak.  I am sure I could use blogger the same way but having my posted entries and my draft entries all together doesn't work for me.  I know it can be sorted but somehow pulling them into my separate documents works better for me.  And I haven't been doing that and I need to.  It is also easier for me to flash drive them when they are separated so I can switch computers to work on it.  I also don't have to be on-line if I am working on a word document and that can be a plus if I am trying to keep myself from distractions.  It sure sounds like I've convinced myself.  The only thing now is I need to get on the ball and start putting things in order so I can actually do what all I've been talking so much about.  Maybe I should have started that now instead of taking the time to talk about it.
Maybe...I have the smallest amount of time now so if you will excuse me.  I have three documents that need to be moved.  No time like the present.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT