Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hair appt

I have an appointment with my hairdresser this afternoon.  I put it off as long as I could but it is past time for me to get a trim and shape.  I have been trying to grow my length out after a year and a half of regularly scheduled 7 week cuts.  I felt I needed to keep on a strict schedule at the time since I was growing out all the permanent chemical color I had been using in my hair.  It took me about that full year and a half to do that and in the process I gained my natural hair color back without the chemcial enhancements (and a lot healthier hair) but sacrificed length.  Since then I have been trying to grow my length back while still having a decent style.  It sounds like a fairly easy task but my hair grows slower than a snails pace and my 7 week cuts have gone to 14 week cuts.  You would think I would be able to get some length by doing that but I think I just get unshaped hair.  It doesn't seem like it's grown all that much.  It probably doesn't help that I have gone back to wearing my hair more naturally curly than the straight flat-ironed style I have been wearing until just recently.  The curl can give the illusion it's not as long as it really is.  But I am sure I will feel better about my sloppy mess of hair after my appointment this afternoon.
That's what these appointments are for anyway, aren't they?  I go in specifically to talk to the person that has been managing my mop for all these months (years really) and we do a he said, she said, until I come out looking and feeling better than I did going in.  It sounds like a win, win situation. I think I'm feeling better already.  Okay, not really, not yet.  Maybe later after the haircut.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT