Monday, August 2, 2010

Disappearing weekends

And then it was Monday.
I am so not sure what exactly has been happening to my weekends.  We all live for them.  We all work all week until they roll around.  I know I do, especially lately when work is just so much of a drag and I seem to have things I would rather be doing away from work.  Then they are here and gone.  The weekends.  I have had at least the past two weekends come and go with an extremely long week in between.  I am hoping that won't be the case again this week but I will have to wait it out to see.
It seems there has to be some type of balance by making the week seem so excruciatingly long in order to make the weekend so incredibly short.  I guess it's some type of balance or it's just me and my not wanting to face another excruciatingly long week to have my weekend seem incredibly short.  I guess I will have to take what I get and maybe the trick this week is to try to get some of those things that I want to do on the weekend done during the week.  It might work.  I will have to give that a try and maybe the long week won't be as excruciating or as long.  I guess that makes sense if by filling it with things makes it less long.  And now that I think of it I do have two appointments after work later in the week.  I wonder if that will lengthen or shorten the seemly long week. But that's too much thought about it on a Monday or is it not enough.  Either way time has gotten away from me this morning and now I need to wrap up because I have to go start what will either be a long or short week. It's too bad I can't just make the week disappear and be back at the weekend.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT