Wednesday, August 11, 2010

One thing or another

Now that I have wiped my tears on my dry sweat towel for not being able to run since July 26th, I guess I can move along and share some positive information.  It isn't any real groundbreaking information but for me it counts as an important issue I can put behind me.
I had my recent doctor appointment and had blood work taken late that same evening.  It was the first blood work I had done since last December to correct my incredibly low, almost transfusion levels of iron.  I had proven to be anemic for a good two years prior.  It was frustrating and I am not one to put up with the miserable side effects of taking iron pills for an undetermined amount of time.  And I didn't, wouldn't, and won't.  Stubborn, little cuss, I am.  Oh, yeah, how understated.
I was mildly surprised when the morning after having my blood drawn the prior evening I received a phone call from my doctor.  He called me himself.  This could be very bad when a doctor gets on the line with you directly.  His news was not bad.  He called to reassure me that my iron numbers were well into the normal range and I was NOT anemic.  He didn't have to call me directly.  I had asked the office staff member how results were usually given and was told a nurse would call in two days or I could call the office in that timeframe.  My doctor called me the next morning to give me the news himself.  I wanted to hug him over the phone but was happy with the thought I had done that after my appointment.  He must have to endure that quite a bit since women are his only clients.  The best part is that I will not have to endure the repercussions of having oxygen stolen away from my cells.  I will not have to endure the dilema of trying to improve my iron numbers in the form of pill taking.  The doctor did want me to get a bone density test since I have never had one before.
Oh, great.  Solve one problem and now this.  Come on, I'm old...bone density?  Why are they always setting me up for failure? 
Where did I put that towel.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT