Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hurry up and relax

Busy, busy.  I woke up this morning wound pretty tight.  It was a great Saturday morning, no question about that.  I am scheduled to be off for the next four days and I am leaving for my own personal piece of paradise tomorrow morning so what or why do I manage to get myself so bound up inside myself.  But I had and I knew I needed to do something about it and keeping busy comes naturally to me and it's a great distraction.  I had a few things to do and my thought was to take care of things out of the house first.  I had a deposit for the shop ready since I had done the book work for Jay early.  I had a few invoices of his paid and ready to mail so I needed to get myself going.  I put the top down on my two-seater convertible and left the house.  It was great, maybe that is what I needed.  It always makes me feel good to take that kind of drive in my own car and I made quick work of the running around.  Oh, but wait...house keys...I didn't have them with me.
I keep my house keys separate from my car keys so I don't have to carry a big bundle of keys when I run.  (I am breezing over that running comment since I can't yet.)  I am usually very good at making sure I have my house keys because I use them to lock my deadbolt but I was such a twittering mess this morning my only thought was to get things done.  I hadn't locked the deadbolt and left the keys behind but then I hadn't locked the back door either.  Whew, well, at least I saved myself a drive to the shop to pick up Jay's key to let myself in although a longer drive probably wouldn't have been such a bad thing for me at that point.
But I was able to get into the house and then start on the few chores I wanted to get done.  I thought it was a few chores but I ended up working on the kitchen and bathroom.  Then I vacuumed, did three loads of laundry, dusted, and ironed.  I wanted to be able to leave the house in order and come back to it already clean.  I realized I was keeping very busy, what next, what else to do and why not?  It didn't matter that I almost forgot to eat...okay...I finally made a turkey sandwich, and it didn't matter I was getting tired.  It would be all the better when I got to my spot tomorrow and would be able to laze around and relax and have the time to do it.  I might even be able to nap, well, possibly, but I am not so sure about that.
So now it's after 5:00pm and I've gotten all of those things done and I am feeling a little better than the wound bound stress mess I was this morning.  I have a fairly clean house to leave and come back to and I am adequately tired and can start relaxing now and start my vacation.  I should first check the fridge for dinner since I didn't grocery shop but I am pretty sure there must be something I can put together without too much fuss.  I should go check...and I think I might pick up some beer now before I have to go and put the top up on my car anyway.  I don't know why I think I have to work so hard to deserve the break.  It doesn't matter.  I relax better when I feel I've accomplished something.  I figure it that this way I am ahead on both fields...here and away.  But I need to hurry now...there a still a few things I could do.
TT       

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT