Tuesday, October 26, 2010

eMail

I received my confirmation email.  I saw it appear in my personal inbox last night but I was working on something else and I didn't open it.  I wanted to be able to read it through and not give it a quick glance over like I might do some of the many unnecessary emails that appear in my inbox.  It was marked confirmation sheet and final.  I knew it wouldn't have been much longer until I received it and yet it seemed to have magically appeared there so soon.
I haven't been paying much attention to the time or how long before the date comes up.  A few others around me have tried to point out a countdown or how many days until but it has not quite registered with me.  I am aware how far off it is (or how close) but it still seems a matter of weeks and I don't want to give way to the anxiety I might build if I let these outside pressures take me.  I want to keep this fun and in perspective.  I don't want to make it more than it is or something it is not.  I decided when I thought I would have to forfeit this altogether that this is something I will be doing for the long term and I wouldn't let the thrill of one event make or break me. 
I have to admit I was excited when I saw the email appear.  I have to admit I probably didn't open it right away because I thought I needed extra time to concentrate on what it might contain.  I didn't.  That was something I was conjuring in my own mind.  Of course I was going to pay attention when I opened it.  Of course I was going to get a thrill of knowing I was registered and included.  Of course.  For me to pretend to make it more than it was, or to act like it was less by stalling, well, was simply silly.
The date is Sunday, November 14.  I have a short amount of time until then and when broken down into a few weeks it isn't much time.  I have a few things to change that shouldn't be a problem.  I will need to adjust my distance and my corral and time but that is very well explained on how to go about doing it.  There are all sorts of activities and a health and fitness expo the day before.  Package pickup is during that time and it needs to be in person with ID.
I received my confirmation and maybe I stalled opening the email because it does make it all seem all too real.
My half marathon is only a short ways away.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT