Friday, October 8, 2010

A bit cooler

The weather has cooled a bit this week.  The mornings are darker and temperatures have been in the fifties.  It warms up nicely by mid-day and slightly more by afternoon.  I have been able to go out and run after work this week because of the milder temperatures.  The sun is still bright and glorious but the air has that mild feel of cool to it instead of warming heat as I make my way around my pre-determined routes in my neighborhood.
I have actually been enjoying the milder temperatures this week because of the feel as I run.  Whoa, wait...nugh uh...I am what?  Did I say enjoying milder temperatures?  I did.  I wouldn't have known and never would have thought that could happen.   Never, impossible.  I freeze to death multiple times over the course of fall to winter and all throughout when there is any dip too far below the 70 degree mark.  I do!  I don't tolerate cold well at all.
Or at least I haven't.  Something has crept up on me lately and I'm not sure what it is or why it has happened but getting up on a weekend and heading out to run in 57 degrees hasn't fazed me one bit.  It seemed odd to me when I realized I had done that and was wearing a tank top with no sleeves and only felt mildly pin-pricked by the cold for the first half mile and then forgot about it completely.  That has Never happened!
I don't know what to attribute this change to.  It is still a complete mystery to me.  I could speculate that the pure desire to get outdoors after a month long hiatus from running has surpassed my aversion to the cold.  I could go on and say other things that might account for this change but I am not sure what they are.  Maybe the pure desire to get out there is the reason.  Maybe the temps have become a mere backdrop to the more important thing that I have in my mind that I want to do.  Maybe I am just having a natural change of attitude or realistic thought process to accomplish something that means more to me than the weather.
Maybe..or should I even be trying to figure it out?  Maybe later.  Right now I know that the weather has cooled a bit this week and it hasn't held me back.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT