Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Went

So I went. Finally. To the gym. And yes, it felt good and yes, I'm happier that I did and yes, I fussed and fudged for no good reasons. Yes. Yes. But Jay told me that part doesn't matter. Leave the past. He called me five minutes before I was to leave from work today to tell me what to do. He said go home, change and go. Don't stop to do anything else. Home. Change. Go. No thinking, no stopping to just do this, no nothing. It worked.
I had tried to get him to go to the gym with me yesterday as a way to get there. I asked him in the morning that if I was dressed and ready when he got home after work could we go to the gym together? I was stunned when he said yes. He said yes and I was about to go on that we didn't have to stay long and we only...he stopped me and said, "I already said yes so leave it." I stopped talking. Of course, he called me later that afternoon to tell me he had forgotten he was going to meet some friends after work. Oh. Hmm. I asked him, "Who are you planning to blow-off?" He asked, "What do you mean?"
"Nevermind. You just answered my question." And it was okay he blew me off. I hadn't expected him to go in the first place. But since he knew I was starting to stress and obsess he found another way to try to help me out by calling me five minutes before I was to leave work. That was when he knew to give me the instructions to go home, change and go to the gym.
I did and I went and I feel better. I'll tell Jay thanks. I shouldn't remind him about blowing me off though, should I? Nah.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT