Saturday, April 19, 2014

Not done but moving on to menu's

Are you tired of hearing about the progress of the rebuilding of my deck? Double that and you might have the feeling of the frustration I feel living through it.  They will NOT finish by Easter (which is tomorrow)! We did get the upper level completed so we DO have an area that is usable. That is a step in the right direction and it IS looking wonderful. How can I really complain?

They put that temporary 'safety' rail up for me so we wouldn't fall off the edge until the crew comes back on Monday to finish (hopefully).
It will work out fine.

Now, I'm putting the final touches to the menu for tomorrow. Nobody seemed to be able to come up with any solid ideas and the suggestions that were thrown out was a total mish-mash. White Lasagna, Red Sauce Pasta, Seafood...I listened to them go back and forth and not come up with any sort of menu plan. I decided to take it all into my own hands and not go through the negotiations of collaborating with any of them.  That would take more time and energy than I had.

I thought, pasta, seafood.  Okay - They all love the white sauce, spinach lasagna so what if I added lobster?  There! One down.  Red marinara sauce with garlic, grilled shrimp!  There - another. How about some Oysters Rockefeller as appetizers which uses the spinach again.  Aha!  Now, I'm on to a theme. It's going like that. I've got to spend a little more time fine-tuning it but that's a plan.

I'll spend some time today making sure I can get my ingredients. I can spend some time on prep work to save myself time tomorrow. Clean the kitchen, get out the chairs and wine glasses, toast to spring-time...wait. Save that for tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT