Friday, February 3, 2012

Calming work

This is what I am staring at this morning.  It's a pretty good glimpse of where I have tried to center myself since I actually have a moment (not long enough - but a moment).
I can't say I did it purposefully.  I was going through the mess on my desk and realized I had this page I wrote quickly and tucked away a few weeks ago.
It is a fiction brainstorm or what I have called in the past - a scenario.  I think I got the idea when I heard a line from a song I happened to be listening to and it said something about giving me lip service.  I thought about that phrase and where I could take it.  I grabbed a scrap piece of paper and wrote the fiction down.
Now it's sitting across my keyboard and I'm thinking I should use some time writing it up properly to get me centered again.  I've been all over the place this past week.  I've been busy, rushed, stressed, frustrated...but no worries...let's just say I knew it was happening and I have been trying to cure myself.  Like finding a short piece of fiction I wrote a few weeks ago and thinking I will sit quietly and write it up.
It's amazing how after the chaotic effects of a tornado I will find the one important thing that will make me pause and I remember what I should always be making time to work on.
TT   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT