Friday, February 24, 2012

So perfecto

Friday, Friday.  After a long week.  A four day work week that turned long and still one day to go.  The wind is howling and we are under a wind advisory until noon.  Sounds bleak but really isn't.  I'm not sure but I think the few days of really good weather got me turned in the right direction.  I got my running on and remembered what I love about it.
That routine way of realizing you are tying your shoe laces when your mind didn't give you a chance to talk you out of it.  Then you're ready before you know it and have already hit the pavement and feel the sun tapping your shoulder.  It makes me smile. I can't imagine what the passers-by must think but it doesn't matter to me.  It's those foot strikes one after another, moving along, seeing the new but familiar things along the way.  Turn here and watch the path, it's laden with stones.  Move up this incline and then you get a nice flat surface.  Re-coup your breathing, steady and move on.  And move on. 
All the while I can see the sky, see the birds.  I can hear the barking dogs behind a fence.  Then because the sun has followed me on my route it gives me a wink.  I can turn my head to the street and glance at my running partner beside me.  She only comes out when the sun is on my side and smiling.  Like me.  Because it feel so good, so perfecto!
TT

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are living the dream Tessa...

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT